Superfast Broadband Rollout in Suffolk Coastal now up to 93%

Therese met the CEO of Openreach, Clive Selley, yesterday to press him on the superfast broadband rollout in Suffolk.

Therese said: “I’m pleased to report that we are now up to 93.1% of households which can access a superfast connection in Suffolk Coastal. Whilst that is good news, that still leaves 6.9% of households that still need access.”

“Those not yet connected can benefit from the Government backed Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme, which will deliver fibre to the premises. This involves setting up community fibre partnerships, which is already happening in areas like Benacre. For more information and to apply see - https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/community-fibre-partnerships/grants-and-funding.”

Therese added: “I also raised the issue of villages like Levington where there are not enough connections available. He promised to look into this and get back to me.”